Sunday, August 5

Block stitch and Interlocking block stitch

Block stitch seems to be a favourite on the rounds of Crochet blog land and interlocking block stitch has popped up in the Lets get Crafting Knitting and crochet magazine.

is an easy and quick stitch to do,
alternate rows of 3dc and chain stitch loops to take the next row of 'dc block'
I like the effect and the speed of this stitch

INTERLOCKING BLOCK STITCH.....
as shown in clutch bag design in the Lets Get Crafting magazine. Page 40/41

INTERLOCKING BLOCK STITCH as shown in the magazine
who sorted me out with the easy and I'm sure correct method.
From Goose on Let's get Crafting, so much easier to do slightly bumpy edge and a slightly staggered check but sooooooooooo much easier and quicker to do
You just crochet over the chain stitches when you do the trebles hey presto an easy stitch to do.
instead of doing separate rows you just do the trebles over the chain first row encasing them in the trebles it looks wavy to start with but evens out as it grows and the checks aren't quite side by side but works for me and wow! is it quicker and simpler to do.
Thanks Goose.click link to see thread
But on further research is this not brick stitch?
oh! hell who cares it's a lovely stitch and easier to do, adding it to my library of favourite stitches
My little sample, I started to make the clutch bag but altered it to suit me
the bag is quite cute though and done as checks with only 3 colours, I went for a multi colour look.
Have a fun filled Sunday...off to dig up the back lawn lol
Hugs to all xx

NEW HOW TO DO BLOCK STITCH POST


UPDATE: September 24th 2012
I am only mentioning this because it is my picture that is popping up every where on Google incorrectly as several other stitches because of a comment on PINTREST.

Some one thinks this stitch can be called brick stitch, mosaic stitch and Chocolate box it is none of these at all. It is BLOCK STITCH, in fact Chocolate box is motif not a stitch.

Happy hooking all x

18 comments:

  1. Thanks Suz! This is a great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Çok beğendim bende model arıyordum bu modelden battaniye çok güzel olur. Paylaşım için teşekkürler

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this stitch, I can well believe that it's very popular. It's so effective and fun to do!
    Hope you're having a gorgeous Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you! The first pattern, Block Stitch, will grow much faster and I'm far too impatient to use the second stitch. You've given a very clear tutorial though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and colourful. Like your pattern using a row of dc (sc to you) on alt rows. Gives a totally different look

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all a few amendments to post that you might want to check out an easier method of doing the interlocking block stitch or is it brick stitch lol
    Have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these stitches! going to give them a try today! Thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gonna try rhis! Thanks a bunch! Digging up lawn.......pass on that one...jeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No conocía este punto. Me encanta.
    Muchas gracias por el paso a paso.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this so much! Thanks for sharing it! I linked back to this page with a photo on my blog this morning - http://www.mooglyblog.com/2012/09/10/unpinning-pinterest-91012/ if you want to check it out. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for link back, been a very popular stitch post
      Sue x

      Delete
  11. Hello! I came across this pattern just love it! I am the editor of AllFreeCrochet.com and would love to feature your tutorial on my site with full credit to you. I know my readers would love it as well, and in return would generate some nice traffic to your site. If you agree and would like us to feature your project, our readers will simply click the link to your blog to get your full tutorial. It's really that simple. Please let me know if this would be ok. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Jenny
    Jbenoit@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny no problem at all thanks for asking, I have mailed you saying it is ok with me
      Sue x

      Delete
  12. Oh I have to put this on my list of stitches to use in a pattern..

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great idea!! it´s so beautiful and easy to make it.
    Thanks for shiring.
    You can visit my blog: apasionadasdelganchillo.blogspot.com

    Regards from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cant wait to give this a try . You have been very busy with making some fantastic things well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks....gone a little mad around here just lately with the book, magazine articles, the pattern club and now Designing for Stylecraft too....some retirement hey? lol
      This post has had almost 47,000 page views, can't believe it!!!

      hugs xx

      Delete